Students will meet online once a week on Thursdays 4:00-6:00 pm EST for 6 weeks
NEW Dates: January 7, 14, 21, 28 and February 4, 11, 2021
Are you fascinated by fungi? Shocked by sharks? Excited by evolution? In this student-driven science club, students will explore Earth’s biodiversity and history of life. The instructor will introduce the theory of evolution and go through some of the tools scientists use to study relationships between species. Students will have the chance to research a branch of the tree of life, learn how fossils and DNA can tell us about the history and evolution of these organisms and lead class discussions on current topics in evolution.
- Access to a device with Zoom
- Clubs will NOT be recorded
- Microphone/video access for discussions
- Correspondence via Google Classroom & email
* A limited number of scholarships are available upon request to those who provide documentation and qualify. For more information, please email us at email@example.com.